Friday 2 July 2010

Friday 2nd

Evening All

Firstly a confession - I'm pissed off that we didn't get mortared last night (and I probably should be grateful rather than pissed off). Even if the Yanks had got a bit then at least I could say I'd seen it..... still, don't tell the wife as she's already a bit wobbly !

Whilst we're on confessions, I wasn't allowed to resist a small glass of champagne last night (I was allowed to resist a second though so I'm not as weak willed and feeble as you may imagine !). So the duck has been broken. I guess I didn't expect to make it through 6 weeks without a drink but this was largely ceremonial so I think my credibility is in tact.

Today I have been out into the oil field again where we had to stop work for an hour because of a sand storm. When the wind gets up there is nothing at all to stop it so it just collects everything in it's path. But it's the heat that still amazes me. At one point I was sheltering behind a cabin trying to sort something out with one of the supervisors and I felt my hand burning in the sun.....except it wasn't in the sun.....awesome ! I'm a bit like a big kid in a playground at the moment, we'll have to see how long it lasts.

I did take a few photos today but for some reason which I haven't been able to fathom, I haven't be able to get them onto the computer to up load them. One of the others took some today as well so I'll get there's and up-load them tomorrow.

Other news - Murrey's losing at tennis and I couldn't get my washing done today because they were all having a day off - astonishing !

Does anyone have any questions ? If not then I am going to watch a film I think.

Today's consumption:

4 cigars (well 3.5 really but the other half is gone for ever)
1 unit (from last night)
No money spent
4 litres of water (and a can of diet Pepsi). The water thing is interesting - everywhere you go there are notices up about dehydration and charts in the loo to measure the colour of your wee, so when you first get here you drink constantly because you think you have to (there are fridges everywhere full of bottled water, even in my room). There is an obvious flaw in that - I have spent more time in the loo than in the office some days. Anyway, you will notice that the levels of consumptions are coming down now as I am getting the balance of the whole thing, at least I hope I am cause I'm hacked off with the trips to the toilet. On the upside, I must have the most flushed out system around !
1 quick trip to the gym (25mins on the treadmill.) I didn't have time for much else and eating. We're a bit limited here - if you miss a meal there's no chippy to nip out to or a pizza to ring in, and running after a meal is just not possible for me............

Anyway, time for tubby byebyes. X

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ian,
    This is an amazing trip if a tad hot! Tracey rang last night and its taken me all day to work this gizmo to drop you a line - hope you are duly impressed. we are all mostly pretty well, Jenny is coming on slowly with lots of physio (4x a week) she could give you a run for your money on a rowing machine! Everyone else is fine and busy. I'm turning into an old biddy (they tell me) I've joined an art group! Not very good but it gets me out and keeps me off the streets.
    Hope your having fun, will "comment2 again soon
    Love from everyone at Muckleton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old biddies don't do blogging so you must be much younger than that - therefore tell them to bugger off !

    I'm fine, if a tad hot ! The work is a bit different and in a completely differnt environment so a change is as good as a rest as they say (between you and me, the biggest challenge here is finding something interesting to say on this every night !)

    Love to all at Muckleton and I'm sure I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete